Saturday 29 December 2007

Mistake

I have recieved an e-mail from the guy that I sent an e-mail to. I have recieved a reply from the guy who runs the six sentence story blog. The reply tells me that my Six Sentence Story will be published on his thing on new year's day. I am terrified. Why did I send in the story in the first place? Self-publicity. But what's the point of getting people to know me. I am ill. I can smell the ingredients of a Fisherman's Pie in my oven, cooking until Golden Brown. Prime cuts of pollock, creamy taragon sauce and piped maris piper potatoes with a crispy coating. I peep into the oven and notice in delight that the pie looks nearly ready. I notice something. It is on top of the pie. It is a fish shaped piece of pastry designed to add character to the pie. I remember what my six sentence story is about. I feel sick. In a sudden crazed movement I open the oven take out the pie rip the fish shape from the pie and shove it in a glass of water. I put the pie back in the oven. My hands are badly burnt. I put some E45 cream on them.





Want to solve the mystery? Wondering what my six sentence story is about? I bet you are you impatient swine. Then check out the http://www.sixsentences.blogspot.com/ on new years day. It's like some kind of mystery. What would drive you to put a fish in some water? What is your terrible secret etc? Well get over it. Stop thinking about it and get on with your life you LOSER. But don't forget to check the site on new years day.

6 comments:

xTx said...

i will definitely check that site out on nyd.

you shouldnt have attacked your pie like that. pastry fish can live outside of water, you know...

apants said...

is that today? holy shit.

apants said...

you weren't there yet. I feel totally gypped.

I also feel racist after I wrote "gypped."

Frank Morgan said...

i just read your 6 sentences - they are good sentences and made me feel a little sad.

my story got accepted too, i don't feel too worried about it though (should I??) i just wrote about what I was doing at the time. I think it goes up on the 8th but i didn't really pay much attention to the guys email.

FM

Jenn said...

I have blurbed you. You have the first blurb of 2008. This is the nearest I do to complimenting. But good work.

http://jennashworth.tumblr.com/post/22845260

Socrates Adams-Florou said...

Wow - thanks very much,that's awfully nice of you.