i recently went to america accidentally, and, in a trance, bought two american copies of chris killen's novel, the bird room.
i want to give away these two copies, as i already own a copy of the book. they are no different to the english version except they have a completely different nationality.
there are some things about these two copies that are very special.
1. They are signed by Chris. They are the only American versions that he will sign because he is unlikely to go to America to sign any more of them.
2. They are annotated by Chris. In one copy the annotations are about the sections of the book that Chris is most happy with. In the other copy, the annotations are about the sections of the book that Chris is least happy with.
here is what you have to do to win this 'unique' prize.
1. Decide which book you would like to win.
2. Write a fictional review of the book, without having first read it. If you would like to win the 'happy' book, write a glowing review. If you would like to win the 'least happy' book, write a 'scathing/blisteringly devastating' review. Keep the review under 500 words.
3. Send the review to socratesadams at gmail dot com by Friday the 2nd of April.
4. Wait until the the following Monday for the result.
these copies are excellent, premium-grade copies of 'the bird room' which is, in itself, a premium-grade novel.